Modern industries demand structural materials that are lightweight, strong and versatile. Materials that resist corrosion and temperature extremes and which deliver freedom of design and low system costs. The ideal solution is a family of structural, fibre reinforced thermostets: SMC (Sheet Moulding Compound) and DMC (Dough Moulding Compound). These materials combine mechanical and physical properties with the lowest system cost, without compromising quality.
Exceptional electrical and UV properties make GRP material of choice for outdoor electrical enclosures.
Dough Moulding Compound (DMC)
- Most of Allbro's product are manufactured from DMC.
- Can be manufactured in small quantities and different colours
- Ideal for moulding small integrate parts
- Corrosion resistance
- Easy installation
- High performance
- Low maintenance
- Has a higher mechanical strength than DMC
- Used for items with large surface areas
- Or on customers request where higher impact strenght is required
- Generally only in light grey
- Is manufactured in large quantities only
- Excellent surface gloss
- Excellent Flow Properties
- Excellent mechanical properties
Sheet Moulding Compound (SMC)